Solar System Report Reflection

This report reflection is about our solar system and its qualities.

Space is an enormous place and our solar system only takes up the tiniest percent of it. It’s located in a calmer part of the Milky Way in which we call home. The solar system has been around for a very long time. 4 ½ billion years to be exact. Although we have had all the time in the world, we haven’t developed the technology that can help us learn EVERYTHING about space but we have been able to collect some information about our solar systems long life.

Our star, the sun, is placed in the centre of the solar system where it is orbited by 8 planets, trillions of asteroids and comets and a handful of dwarf planets.  The major planets are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune but I’m sure we’ll touch on these much later in the term. But for now, I understand that we don’t know everything there is to know about space but I just wonder when will have more of an idea. When will we have the technology to discover more and what exactly might this technology enable us to do?